Great value Unoccupied or Vacant Home insurance
Towergate Connect is one of the few providers of building and contents insurance for unoccupied properties, also known as empty property or vacant property insurance. We're committed to offering great service, generous cover and flexibility with our 3, 6, 9 and 12 month policies.
Standard home insurance policies often don't provide cover if a property is unoccupied or the level of cover is restricted. That's why we're the ideal solution if the property concerned is:
- awaiting probate
- awaiting sale
- awaiting occupation
- awaiting or undergoing refurbishment or renovation
- left vacant due to the owner being at a second property or abroad
- left vacant due to the owner being hospitalised or taken into care
- left vacant for over 30 consecutive days and the current insurer ceases cover
Key features of our Unoccupied Property insurance:
- Cover for theft and malicious damage, protecting you against vandalism
- Cover for damage caused by water or subsidence
- Total value of contents can range from £1,000 to £15,000
- No single article limit, ideal if you're not sure how much items are worth
- Property owners' liability cover of up to £2 million
Why choose Towergate Connect for your Unoccupied Property insurance?
You will benefit from our 20 years experience as a leading insurance specialist and our professional, friendly staff will help you find the right insurance.
We offer good value insurance; other insurers may be cheaper but lower levels of cover can leave you open to risk. Often insurers won't provide full cover while a property undergoes renovation or refurbishment, whereas in most cases we offer extensive cover.
Our policy is underwritten by well-known insurers including AXA, Equity Red Star, AVIVA and Royal & Sun Alliance.
Properties awaiting probate
We can arrange cover for unoccupied properties being dealt with by executors, solicitors and administrators of estates.
We understand that there's a lot to do following the death of a relative or friend which is why we don't ask you to value items such as jewellery or sofas. You don't need to specify the value of single items and we leave you to choose whether you want to insure the total contents for as little as £1,000 or as much as £15,000.
Caring for an unoccupied property
The key point is for the property to look occupied. You don't want to leave an open invitation to burglars, vandals or squatters and taking some simple measures can greatly reduce the risk, such as:
- Removing post, junk mail and newspapers from the property
- Regularly tidying the garden and outside areas
- Arranging regular property inspections
- Securing windows, doors and letterboxes to prevent vandalism
For an immediate quote or cover call us on 0844 892 1543 or request a callback.
Our team is here to assist you. Please call or email us. We endeavour to reply to all emails within one working day.
Weekdays: 9.00am - 6.00pm
- 0844 892 1543
- Make an enquiry
Request a callback
Underwritten by a consortium of insurers led by AXA